27 Haziran 2016 Pazartesi

Daily Update 10

I couldn't work much on GIFScript the last few days, I had an exam that I had to study for. But now that it is over, I can once again focus on my programming tasks.

This week I'm supposed to implement "modules", or packed animation libraries that provide access to reused functionality. These could both involve JavaScript code and also resources like images, icons or fonts. Some example modules I thought of earlier are a 2D plotting library, a library for drawing probability distributions and one just animating chess moves. Thinking it will be useful, I spent some time today on a GIF demonstrating a genetic TSP algorithm work on the problem of travelling around Turkey.



Of course, the JS code is pretty lengthy, about 400 lines, due to the genetic algorithm. Completing this weeks work, I'll make it possible to separate the algorithm into a TSP solver module, leaving only 10-20 lines of GIF related code in the script as it should be. I think it'll be easy to implement modules with most of the scripting functions ready, I hope to finish early and focus on other details later in the week.

As a side note, GIFScript is now available under the MIT license, GitHub.

2 yorum:

  1. So I'm a little confused. Are you taking classes this summer? Or is it the end of your previous term?

    YanıtlaSil
    Yanıtlar
    1. I'm taking a single summer class until July 22, as I noted in my proposal. Normally the course load is light, but I took some time off from my GSoC work for the exam.

      Sil