24 Mayıs 2016 Salı

Daily Update 1


In the last few days I've worked on coding the skeleton of the program, and on how the JavaScript code is handled behind the scenes. I implemented line primitives, and other geometric shapes should be quite easy to add in the upcoming days. I also wrote a GIF encoder using Java's standard library, but there is still room for improvement, the GIFs produced aren't really optimized for size.

After coding the functionality, I wrote my first script, a spinning cube.

Spinning cube, generated with GIFScript [code]
Of course, the 3D math is dealt by the script itself as a demonstration, there is no built-in support for 3D at this time. But trying to code the cube, I realised that a higher level mathematics library would be very useful. I'll work on embedding a JavaScript math library (maybe math.js or "numbers") into the GIFScript environment. I also realised I'll have to add some anti-aliasing, primitive shapes tend to look ugly right now.

1 yorum:

  1. Great start! Nice to see an example. Don't worry about anti-aliasing yet; get some scripting capability up before you start to improve things.

    YanıtlaSil